[Loscho_enews] Banquet reminder and Feb 20 workshop

info at snocoheritage.org info at snocoheritage.org
Wed Jan 20 07:12:36 PST 2010

Hi To All,
If you haven't sent your reservation form in to LuAnne for the Malstrom
Banquet, the deadline is Jan 25th.  Go to our website
www.snocoheritage.org
You can download the form and mail it to LuAnne our Treasurer so she can
report the number of guests to Darlene by midweek.
Thanks very much,
Karen Prasse
See below also....

-----------------------------------
Snohomish County Mapping Workshop Feb 20th Saturday
The Granite Falls American Legion Hall is available on Feb 20th for   They
are located on the SE corner of S. Granite Ave. and E. Union St., two
blocks south of the four-way stop at the center of town.

For anyone who has not yet loaded their software on a PC, but will bring a
laptop with them, I'll be there at 9 AM.  That'll give us plenty of time
to get folks up and running.

For anyone who has already loaded their software, or is simply there to
learn how to use the software, we'll start at 10 AM.

Lunch will be included, and we'll adjourn by 1 PM.  We'll have coffee,
tea, water, cocoa, and soft drinks, and figure out how to keep the lunch
cost to about $5 per person.
Participants are encouraged to come with a "question" to be used as work
samples - e.g. "Who homesteaded the property where I live now?", or "Who
homesteaded downtown Arlington?", or "Where was the Granite Falls movie
theater in 1917 and what's there now?"

---------------------
Subject: 2010 Edition of "Foundation Grants for Preservation in Libraries,
Archives and Museums" Available for Free Download

2010 Edition of "Foundation Grants for Preservation in Libraries, Archives
and Museums" Available for Free Download
http://www.loc.gov/preserv/foundtn-grants.html

"Foundation Grants for Preservation in Libraries, Archives, and Museums,
2010 Edition" is a collaborative project of the Library of Congress and
the Foundation Center. This new edition lists 2,270 grants of $5,000 or
more awarded by 505 foundations, from 2005 through the publication date of
this guide. It covers grants to public, academic, research, school, and
special libraries, and to archives and museums for activities related to
conservation and preservation.