[Loscho_enews] Snohomish County Mapping Workshop Saturday Feb 20th

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 08:35:48 PST 2010

Snohomish County Mapping Workshop Saturday Feb 20th

This program is for members of those groups that have purchased hard
drives that have the Snohomish County Mapping Project.  The workshop
is for training for best use of this wonderful mapping resource.
(There are no signups, just come if you have purchased the software or
if you want to observe.)
For anyone who has not yet loaded their software on a PC, but will
bring a laptop with them, Fred Cruger will be there at 9 AM.  That
will give him plenty of time to get folks up and running.

For anyone who has already loaded their software, or is simply there
to learn how to use the software, we'll start at 10 AM.

Lunch will be included, and we'll adjourn by 1 PM.  Coffee, tea,
water, cocoa, and soft drinks, will be included in lunch of about $5
per person.  Fred said they will take a headcount and order pizza to
share for those who want lunch, hopefully not more than $5.00 per
person.

Participants are encouraged to come with a "question" to be used as
work samples - e.g. "Who homesteaded the property where I live now?",
or "Who homesteaded downtown Arlington?", or "Where was the Granite
Falls movie theater in 1917 and what's there now?"

Granite Falls American Legion Hall  SE corner of S. Granite Ave. and
E. Union St., two blocks south of the four-way stop at the center of
town.

The League is subsidizing this workshop in the rental of the American
Legion Hall.  Cost will be $125 (half their normal daily rate).
Donations to the League are welcome to help cover costs.

Questions, email me.

Karen Prasse
info at snocoheritage.org
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations