[Loscho_enews] Historic preservation - historic house networking

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 12:38:30 PDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Hannah Smith [mailto:Hannah_Smith at nthp.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:29 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: @Home Needs Your Help!

Dear Statewide and Local Partners,

Place matters.  And for many Americans, the place that matters most is home.
Later this month, the National Trust will be launching the “online
community” part of our new Homeowner Program – called @home.
http://athomenation.org/
It’s a social media site under the PreservationNation umbrella that helps
people come together to share, celebrate and find ways to care for the homes
they love. They can show off and share pictures, stories, tips and more with
other people passionate about their homes.

WHAT YOU CAN DO:

Have a home? Want to show it off? Perfect. We’ve had a lot of great feedback
about the site – and hope that it will provide an easy “first step” in
engaging thousands of homeowners – but it will be critical when we launch
that we have at least 100 real life profiles “pre-loaded” into the system to
inspire others.  That’s where you come in.

Make a profile today.  We really want to have great diversity – geographic,
cultural and architectural – so we’re really counting on the Trust family
all over the country to help us “seed” the site, and Statewide and Local
Partners are critical in this as we also would love to have at least one
entry from every state before we launch!  Getting started @home is easy.
Check out the site and create a profile for your pride and joy – post
pictures, share your home’s history, and even find other home aficionados in
your area. It’s that easy!

 Many of you have developed great programming on your web sites; we’d
appreciate your insights on our site.  Please take a look around @home and
tell us what you think.  Email comments, questions, and suggestions to
athome at nthp.org so that we can make @home the best it can be.

Thanks again for everything you do.
The @home Team
Dolores McDonagh | Vice President, Membership
National Trust for Historic Preservation | 1785 Massachusetts Avenue, NW,
Washington, DC 20036 | Phone: 202-588-6290 | Fax: 202-588-6085 | Email:
dolores_mcdonagh at nthp.org |
www.PreservationNation.org<http://www.preservationnation.org/>
The National Trust for Historic Preservation helps people protect, enhance
and enjoy the places that matter to them.  Learn more at
www.PreservationNation.org <http://www.preservationnation.org/>.