[Loscho_enews] Granite Falls Map Project Update

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 20:19:32 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <abbott1912 at aol.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 9:32 AM
Subject: Pictures and maps
To: info at snocoheritage.org

Hi All,
In pushing forward with the vintage map program, we've added a number of new
maps.  Some of them cover the Darrington branch of the NPRR and other cover
the NPRR from the southern county line to Sumas.  When we publish a new set,
those will be automatically included.  However, another entire "layer" has
been added to the map to help you bring them to life for your visitors:

There are arrows on the map, and if you click on any arrow, you'll see a
picture of what you would have seen, had you been standing in that spot
looking in that direction, when the picture was taken.  It's a very
convenient way to answer the question, "Where was that picture taken?" or
"What building is that?" in many of your local downtown pictures.

We'd like to invite everyone to supply up to ten of their favorite
"downtown" pictures (electronically, of course) and draw on a map where the
arrows should be.  We'll then incorporate that info into the new map
"layer", so you can let folks "look around" when zooming in on your area.
We should be able to incorporate your pictures quickly.

Best regards,
Fred  Cruger
Granite Falls Historical Society