[Loscho_enews] Digital Archiving

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 14:33:20 PDT 2010

Just in case its too hot for you outside -

The Library of Congress has produced some good basic videos on preservation
on "Why Digital Preservation is Important For You" -

"Our personal photos, papers, music, and videos are important to us. They
record the details of our lives and help define us. But increasingly,  our
possessions and our communications are no longer material?they are digital
and dependent on technology to make them accessible. This Library of
Congress video (7:44) offers simple and practical strategies for
personal  digital preservation...."

See the websites below-

*http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/videos/digipres/index.html*<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/videos/digipres/index.html>

*http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/you/*<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/you/>

Also of interest if you don't know about it already is the *Internet Archive
www.archive.org* and the Wayback Machine -  The archives of the
snocoheritage.org website since 2003 are here :
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://snocoheritage.org

Karen Prasse
info at snocoheritage.org
www.snocoheritage.org