[Loscho_enews] Fwd: [Preservenw] Archival Research class

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 08:54:01 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gary Menges <menges at u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 1:54 PM
Subject: [Preservenw] Archival Research class
To: preservenw at u.washington.edu

Digging Deeper: A Workshop on Doing Archival Research

Saturday October 23rd

9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Historical research is a multi-layered journey. If you?re interested in the
intricacies of in-depth research and the many locations where you can find a
treasure trove of information, join MOHAI staff, expert archivists and local
librarians as they share facts, tips and a wealth of experience. This
program is offered by MOHAI in recognition of American Archives Month.

Presenters include:
Carol Buswell, National Archives and Records Administration
Darlene Hamilton, Seattle Public Library
Michael Saunders, Washington State Archives
Carla Rickerson, Special Collections, University of Washington Libraries

MOHAI public historian Lorraine McConaghy will provide the framework for
these presentations.

Registrants are advised to bring their own lunch and are encouraged, though
not required, to bring laptops with a wireless connection. Free parking is
provided at MOHAI. Clock hours may be available to teachers for an
additional $12.  Anyone with questions is encouraged to contact Lorraine
McConaghy at 206.324.1685 x23.

Cost: $40 for MOHAI members/ $50 general, $5 fee for day-of registrants.

Tickets/Registration: brownpapertickets.org or call (800) 838-3006

DR. LORRAINE McCONAGHY
PUBLIC HISTORIAN
MUSEUM OF HISTORY & INDUSTRY
2700 24th Avenue East, Seattle, WA 98112-2099
P: 206.324.1126 Ext. 23  |  F: 206.324.1346
lorraine.mcconaghy at seattlehistory.org
www.seattlehistory.org
JOIN THE CAMPAIGN!
www.historyismoving.org
I am usually out of the office on Mondays and Fridays; I will respond to
your email Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.  I apologize for any
inconvenience.

--
Karen Prasse
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
info at snocoheritage.org
www.snocoheritage.org