[Loscho_enews] Malstrom Award Application Forms
snocoheritage at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 11:42:13 PST 2010
The Malstrom Award Application Forms are now available! Click on the
hyperlink to download the MSWord document file to edit.
The League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations invites individuals
and groups to submit nominations for their heritage related projects in
Snohomish County. The League's Malstrom Awards are offered to recognize
outstanding contributions to preserving our heritage in Snohomish County and
to share experience, skills and resources. We encourage and welcome
applications of all types and sizes to help acknowledge those that may go
unnoticed outside of our local communities.
Eligible activities include historic preservation of architecture or
cultural sites, historical or genealogical research/collections, exhibits,
publications (print and online) and museum work. While an individual may be
named to represent the project, it is usually the project itself and not the
individual for which the award is made.
To be eligible the project
• must have been completed in current calendar year
• must be either independent (for example, a book, exhibit, or historic
building restoration) or a clearly identifiable portion of a larger
The criteria the award will be based on:
• Providing new or unique historic information, interpretation or
• Contributing to the preservation or interpretation of Snohomish County
• Use of best museum, research or digital practices
• Effective collaboration with other community organizations such as school
groups, service clubs, libraries as additional outreach.
• Creative use of resources which may include funding, donated materials or
services, consultants or staffing.
The League will ask an out-of-county historical group or individual to judge
and select the winning project. COMPLETED NOMINATION MUST BE POSTMARKED BY
DECEMBER 17, 2010.
The award will be announced at the League's annual banquet and meeting
January 29th, 2010 (Mark your calendars!).
The list of past awards are here
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
info at snocoheritage.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Loscho_Enews