[Loscho_enews] Collections Care workshop

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 17:34:22 PST 2010

Hi All,
I'm forwarding a link to a registration form for special collections care
training in Seattle by the Balboa Art Conservation Center.
It is a three day course but it looks like you can register for part of it.
Though I think we all have general idea of what needs to be done, it helps
to see examples and details.  There is a session on preserving videotape.
If funding is an issue, it is possible that the League might subsidize part
of this in exchange for a report and review of what is covered.

http://www.bacc.org/pdfs/BACC-seattle2011.pdf

If you can't make the training, there are online resources such as the American
Institute for the Conservation of Historic and Artistic
Works<http://www.conservation-us.org/>.
Our collections are not all paper based or artistic, and this site does
contain guidelines on preserving metal objects ---
http://www.conservation-us.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.viewPage&pageId=631&parentID=497

and on preserving videotape-
http://www.conservation-us.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.viewPage&pageId=630&parentID=472

--
Karen Prasse
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
info at snocoheritage.org
www.snocoheritage.org