[Loscho_enews] Book signing at Granite Falls Historical Museum

Web Manager webmanager at gfhistory.org
Tue Dec 28 09:40:58 PST 2010

Just as Snohomish County celebrates its 150th birthday, the authors of the
"Everett & Monte Cristo Railway" book are having a book sale and signing at
the Granite Falls Historical Museum on Saturday Jan 8th, 11 AM - 4 PM.

The hardcover version of their book sold out completely a few years ago, and
has been offered on eBay at $250-$300 per copy.  The new just-released
softcover version, printed in the same large format with over 230 pages and
200 photos, sells for only $39.95.

Here's a great way to read about the early days of our region, and the rail
line that was plagued by natural disasters as well as economic turmoil.
Millions of tons of ore and billions of board feet of lumber were carried
from the heart of Snohomish County to the major terminus of Everett.

It's all brought to life, and offered to you at this event, along with the
opportunity to speak with the men who spent thousands of hours in research
and writing.  The Museum is at 109 E. Union St, Granite Falls, WA.

Best regards,
Fred Cruger
Granite Falls Historical Society

Go to the Facebook event page to RSVP so we can anticipate how many people
might attend.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Granite-Falls-Historical-Museum/126497627407489?v=app_2344061033

--
Mary Deaton
Web Manager, Granite Falls Historical Museum Web Site