[Loscho_Enews] Snohomish: the 1910 Carnegie library building

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 10:28:57 PST 2011

100 Year Old  Reborn in Snohomish:  the 1910 Carnegie library building will
become an education center.

Melody Clemans, board president of the Snohomish Carnegie Education Center,
will be the featured speaker at the Snohomish Historical Society's next
meeting on Wednesday, March 16th, 7 p.m. at the Waltz Building, 116 Avenue
B.  "The building requires structural and seismic upgrades, and
new electrical and mechanical/plumbing systems.  Now that a grant has been
secured, we've begun our local campaign to complete the project."

This citizen based organization works in partnership with the city to
restore the former library building and grounds.  The rehabilitation of
the1910 Carnegie library building will preserve it's historic, cultural, and
architectural features that make it significant to the community into the
21st Century.  In the historic downtown core, the Carnegie, had long been
the site of community events, once serving as city council chambers,
providing meeting space for various clubs, as well as music and dance
recitals.

This meeting is open to the public.

Please contact me for further information:  Gary Ferguson 360-568-4746/
fergusongh10 at yahoo.com