[Loscho_Enews] Fwd: [Preservenw] AASLH Collections Management Workshop in Seattle

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 07:58:27 PDT 2011

Training for Board members and volunteers about managing museums is
available in Seattle from the AASLH June 23-24.

Participants will learn about their institution's responsibility toward its
collection, the necessary policies and procedures, and the best practices of
collection management. During lively group discussions and hands-on
activities, participants will become familiar with current issues and trends
to better understand how collections fit within the context of history
organizations. Participants will explore other topics including the role of
collections in exhibition and interpretation, the basic steps of collections
management from acquisition to disposal, professional standards and ethics,
conservation on a shoe-string budget, as well as learning about the
multitude of resources available for collections preservation.

For more information - check the workshop agenda at this website (I can't
add attachments with this enews service)

http://www.aaslh.org/collwork.htm

Karen