[Loscho_Enews] Saving Our Treasures

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 21:56:57 PDT 2011

Below is a link to a Nebraska’s PBS website with several excellent, short,
easily viewed videos on problems facing our small museums.  Note also the
excellent articles written by experts to enhance those already available
from the Library of Congress and other heritage preservation organizations
(see list below).

Our local history museums are our community attics and basements and need
support in providing the best care they can for our artifacts, antiques,
documents and photographs.  If you are a board member or volunteer of one of
our local museums or heritage/genealogy collections, please take the time to
view these videos. They can help you recognize problems and plan for the
future!

*http://www.netnebraska.org/extras/treasures/*

   - ALCTS <http://ala.org/alcts> | Preservation and Reformatting
Section<http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/alcts/mgrps/pars/index.cfm>
   - Library of Congress <http://www.loc.gov/preserv>
   - Institute of Museum and Library Services <http://www.imls.gov/>
   - American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic
Works<http://www.conservation-us.org/>
   - Society of American Archivists <http://www2.archivists.org/>
   - Heritage Preservation <http://www.heritagepreservation.org/>

--
Karen Prasse
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
info at snocoheritage.org
www.snocoheritage.org