[Loscho_Enews] New Malstrom Award Date

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 16:43:25 PDT 2011

Hi All,
It finally seems there is a consensus that the new date of the Malstrom
Award and League Annual meeting will take place on March 17, 2012 (St.
Patrick's Day).  It will be changing location as well to the Floyd Norgaard
Cultural Center in Stanwood for this year.  It is anticipated that it might
move around in future years.

Along with the Awards program, there will be a day long (10 - 3 pm or 9 - 3
pm) series of meetings, workshops and programs on a variety of topics yet to
be determined.  It will be a sort of "mini-conference" and each organization
is encouraged to bring their sale items and small displays for the main room
to share ideas and allow everyone to see examples of their projects.

We are considering but not yet limited to several types programs including
"using the Snohomish County Mapping software", "QR tags", "doing good
quality but inexpensive exhibits", "using Past Perfect", "fund raising",
"genealogy", and several others.  If you have been to a recent program or
workshop, please may submit ideas or names of potential presenters for the
board to consider.  Nothing is set in stone yet....

I hope to hear from you with ideas and hope I can count on some of you to
help organize it.
Thanks,
Karen
 Here is the Malstrom Awards page on our website
http://www.snocoheritage.org/malstrom-awards/

--
Karen Prasse
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
info at snocoheritage.org
www.snocoheritage.org