[Loscho_Enews] Fwd: Calling all History Day Judges...

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 11:11:31 PST 2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark Vessey <Mvessey at wshs.wa.gov>
Date: Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Subject: Calling all History Day Judges...
To: Mark Vessey <mvessey at wshs.wa.gov>, Molly Wilmoth <mwilmoth at wshs.wa.gov>

Tis the *Season!*

* *

*On Saturday, May 5, 2012,* Washington History Day, the state competition
of National History Day, will take place once again at Bellevue College,
3000 Landerholm Circle. ****

** **

One of our requirements is that three judges judge each entry. Evaluation
of student projects and discussion with fellow judges will take place in
the morning for the preliminary round, followed by the finals round in the
early afternoon. An orientation session will be held in the morning prior
to the actual judging. To ensure the highest quality of judging, it is
imperative that all judges attend this meeting. The students will be
anxious to receive the evaluations and feedback from you, the judges. ****

** **

In return for your time and effort, we offer a light breakfast, boxed
lunch, mug, endless gratitude, and a positive perspective on Washington’s
youth.****

** **

We are again using the Acuity online management system to register our
judges and I invite you to use the directions below to sign yourself up, or
if you would prefer, send me an email with the category(s) you most like to
judge and if you are available in both the morning or afternoon, or just
the morning. I will do my best to slot you into your preferred category,
but there is no guarantee, please be flexible. ****

** **

Please follow these easy steps to sign up as a JUDGE for the National
History Day program.****

** **

Using our online system, please visit this site to begin.
http://wa.nhd.org/ud/templates/register.php****

** **

You must first select the contest for which you would like to judge from
the list on this page. You will then be given a drop down box where you
will select “Judge” in the window under choose registrant type. Once you’ve
selected Judge, please hit the “GO” button.****

NW Regional – Bellingham, March 10****

Olympic Regional – Bremerton, March 19****

North Puget Regional – Shoreline, March 21****

South Puget Regional – Auburn, March 29****

** **

In the middle of the page click on the highlighted red words *“Don’t have
username and Password? Click here to begin*,” ****

** **

*NOTE: All judges, if you have signed in the past using the Acuity system,
you must re-sign up again this year. Past information is not stored in the
system from year to year.*

*Your user name and password can be as simple as your first name and last
name, i.e. username: johnsmith, password, smithjohn. Please don’t use the
same passwords you use at home/work for your personal accounts.  *

* *

*Also, if you plan on judging at multiple contests, i.e., regionals and
state, you must create separate profiles for each contest. DO NOT use the
same username and password for all you must create different usernames and
passwords for all you plan to enter. It is however; ok to use the same
email address throughout the system.*

** **

After you click the link to begin the process, you will be directed to a
secure page that asks you to fill in some personal information. ****

** **

Please be sure to fill in those required fields in red. ****

** **

Below the last three red fields, (username, password, four digits) you will
see some more open fields. There is no need to provide the requested
information if you would rather not. However, your indication of interest
in judging in a particular division or category can help us in creating
your judging assignment. ****

** **

*NOTE: You can disregard the questions about your preferred day and the
number of days you can judge. *

** **

At the bottom of that page you will see a button “SAVE,” click that and you
are all done. You will receive a message confirming your registration. You
are now registered in the system and you will be hearing from a coordinator
at a later time with information concerning the contest.****

** **

*NOTE: If you are using an Earthlink email account, you will not receive
the registration confirmation because that particular email service blocks
all confirmation types of emails from the Acuity system. *

** **

Thank you again,****

** **

Washington History Day****

** **

*If you experience any problems at all along the way, or would rather have
someone at the state office sign you up in the system, we’d be happy to
help out, simply contact **mvessey at wshs.wa.gov* <mvessey at wshs.wa.gov>* and
indicate what contest you are interested in judging, include your phone
number, category preferences, and if you can judge in both junior and
senior divisions. It is also helpful to know if you can stay and judge in
the afternoon rounds. *

** **

** **