[Loscho_Enews] Washington State Civil War Readathon

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 11:23:33 PST 2012

An interesting new project for researchers?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In 2013, hundreds of researchers will fan out across Washington State,
visiting archives, museums and libraries to read our history,
1857-1871.  We invite you to attend a training and to join the
Read-In.

Attend a training, January through May 2013
Take a Read-In assignment, in newspapers or documents
Spend a month of spare time, reading and gathering evidence
Document your reading in the project templates
Email your results to the Project

We will build a searchable database from your work, which will be
available to all researchers on the WSHS website.  And we'll also get
all the readers together at the conclusion of the Read-In, to meet one
another and celebrate this great accomplishment. (Washington State
Library Image)

WORKSHOP DATES AND LOCATIONS

Saturday, February 9, 10am-4pm                Seattle
Saturday, February 16, 10am-4pm              Vancouver
Saturday, February 23, 10am-4pm              Olympia
Saturday, March 2, 10am-4pm                     Tacoma
SUNDAY, March 10, 12-6pm                        Walla Walla
Saturday, March 23, 10am-4pm                   Yakima
Saturday, April 13, 10am-4pm                      Cheney
Saturday, April 20, 10am-4pm                      La Conner
Saturday, April 27, 10am-4pm                      Port Townsend

For more information, contact Lorraine McConaghy at
Lorraine.mcconaghy at wshs.wa.gov

--
Karen Prasse
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
info at snocoheritage.org
www.snocoheritage.org