[Loscho_Enews] League General Announcements

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 12:51:36 PDT 2013

I know it seems early but we have set a date for the *2014 Heritage Day to
be Saturday March 1st*, 2014.

We also have amended our criteria for the *Malstrom Award* to include two
separate awards, one for publications (print or online) and for exhibits,
events and other heritage related projects.  Comparing apples and oranges
of worthy projects was difficult so there will now be two awards.

We wish to thank *Robert C. Cumbow*  of Graham and Dunn of Seattle for
his *Copyright
Workshop* on Saturday.  For all of us doing publications it provided lots
of basic background as well as some discussion of the newspaper
digitization rights, photos, and other original works difficult to find
creators for proper credits and licensing...(and thanks to Kevin for
organizing and LuAnne and Meg for arrangements)
There will be a meeting on Nov 18th for finalizing the list of presenters
and speakers in March Heritage Day.  If you would like to do a program (we
have several knowledgeable people in our groups), or know of one that you
missed at the Museums Assn mtgs or Historic preservation, please submit
your ideas and names to Kevin Stadler or me (before the 18th) at the email
address below and plan to attend - new volunteers are always welcome!

--
Karen Prasse
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
info at snocoheritage.org
www.snocoheritage.org