[Loscho_Enews] Fwd: Historic Camano City Schoolhouse Welcomes Camano Art Tour visitors

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Mon May 5 09:41:08 PDT 2014

Map to the schoolhouse
https://goo.gl/maps/z53H1

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Karen Prasse <kprasse at yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, May 3, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Subject: [Loscho_Enews] Historic Camano City Schoolhouse Welcomes Camano
Art Tour visitors
To: League Enews <Loscho_enews at lists.snocoheritage.org>

League Enews -

The Historic Camano City Schoolhouse Welcomes Camano Art Tour visitors for
a Schoolroom Stopover!

Please stop in during the Mothers’ Day Art Tour Weekend.  The historic 1905
Camano City Schoolhouse a pleasant combination of artistry, history,
scenery, along with a welcome interlude of rest, refreshment and relaxation.

---Saturday, May 10 or Sunday, May 11
---On both Saturday and Sunday --From 11 AM to 3 PM

---933 Orchid Road, Camano Island

Refreshments include Scones or Snack, Espresso or Soft Drink

---Enter to Win an “Artwork Raffle for Rehab”
---Artworks donated by many talented Camano Island artists. Proceeds will
fund school rehab work.
---Enjoy an Enlightening Exhibit of Historic Camano Island Photos &
Memorabilia
---Tour & Explore the Scenic Schoolhouse Site on the “Saratoga Side” of
Camano Island

The schoolhouse sits on a scenic hillside, overlooking the Camano Island
Inn, and  westward across Saratoga Passage, to the Olympic mountain range
..  Look for bright red “Schoolhouse Sandwich Board Signs”, at two
intersections: West Camano Drive and Chapman Road and the junction of
Camano Hill Road and Chapman Road

The Camano Schoolhouse Foundation wants to acknowledge the diligence and
professional expertise of new CSF Board Member, Don Hopkins, his
hard-working family, professional associates and friends in the last two
months.

--Cleaned the schoolhouse roof and remove moss
--Repaired a leaky stairway roof and interior walls
--Repainted the lower level rental space

Thank you also to :
--"Ron the Gutter Guy” who repaired fascia and install new schoolhouse
gutters
--Mary McIntyre of Camano Island who designed and created artistic signage
for the schoolhouse
--Evan Holzknecht of Cascade Lumber who donated needed lumber and supplies.
--Christie Connors who has generously donated all paint and materials
needed for this work

Don promises that a brand new paint job for the historic schoolhouse, is
“just around the corner” with a few days of Springtime sunshine and
successful recruitment of a volunteer crew for scraping and paint prep.

“We’re tremendously grateful to Don, his family, Ron, Mary, Evan and
Christie” says Jim Turk, President of the Camano Schoolhouse Foundation.
 “Their generosity with volunteer time, talent and funding are a vivid
demonstration of Margaret Mead’s famous quote:  Never doubt that a small
group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s
the only thing that ever has”

According to Jim, “This recent surge of generous support from our very
small group of CSF Board members and friends is most encouraging, but we
have an urgent need to gather many more Camano Community members to
volunteer their time and talent as volunteers and “Preservation Partners”.

“We also need major funding donors to continue necessary repairs,
rehabilitation and maintenance of the historic schoolhouse.  We look
forward to sharing our progress and improvements with all Open House
visitors.  We’re anxious to show everyone what an ideal rental space we
have here, for a full range of all-year, community events and family
celebrations. We look forward to recreating, in this iconic, one-room
schoolhouse classroom, the yesteryear ambience and charm of an earlier-era
education classic. I hope to meet and chat with you, on Saturday or Sunday,
May 10 or 11”.

Contact:  Jim Turk 360-393-3285 jimglenturk at gmail.com
Chuck Durland 360-387-4598 chuck1durland at gmail.com

Visit the CSF Website: http://www.camanoschoolhouse.org/

Email: info at camanoschoolhouse.org

Mission - “To Create at the Historic 1905 Camano City Schoolhouse, A
Community Gathering Place, Dedicated to Exhibiting and Preserving Camano
Island History”
TO POST MESSAGES, send your announcement to
Loscho_Enews at lists.snocoheritage.org
For Messages Archive
http://lists.snocoheritage.org/listinfo.cgi/loscho_enews-snocoheritage.org

http://www.snocoheritage.org
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations, Snohomish County,
Washington

--
Karen Prasse
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
info at snocoheritage.org
www.snocoheritage.org