[Loscho_Enews] Fwd: Fw: Judges Needed for regional History Day

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 22:10:31 PST 2016

*Sent:* Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:54 PM
*Subject:* Re: Judges Needed for regional History Day

I'm sending this to you in the hope that you will be interested and able to
sign up to help judge the Northwest Regional National History Day.  You are
all qualified.  Joan, Inger and I have done this before and found it to be
not only a service to history but to the historical interest of the
children of our state.  It's easy, takes only half a day, costs only gas to
get there (they even give you lunch) and you get to meet and chat with
historians from all over.

Sign up on this link below and let me know if you did so I can quit bugging
you. Important--They need volunteers in order to continue this program.

Thanks,
Barb George
Everett Museum of History

------------------------------

This email is for anyone who has judged a National History Day contest in
the past, or is considering judging in the future.

Thank you for sacrificing your time in dedication to students, education,
and historical research!  Next to the student participants, judges are the
most important aspect of the contest!

The Northwest Regional History Day contest will be held Saturday, March 12,
2016.  I would like to invite you to register to be a judge.  Please also
feel free to forward this email to others you feel may be willing to judge
or volunteer in some aspect for the contest.

You may click this link and it will take you right to the registration
form. https://form.jotform.com/43356677654164
You will be asked to provide the following information:
Your contact information (name, address, phone)
A primary and secondary email
The primary email will be the one I use for communication with you.
Consider adding me to your contact list so important information doesn’t
get spammed.
Your choice of judging times  -- Papers and websites are judged before the
contest day, and the students are interviewed on contest day. If judging
these projects, it is helpful if you can also attend the contest to
interview the students.  It is not required, however.
Contest Day: 8:00 a.m. to noon (Preliminary Round)
Contest Day: 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Finals Round)
Pre-Contest: I can judge papers and websites prior to the contest, but
cannot attend the contest.
Pre-Contest/Contest Day: I can judge papers and websites prior to the
contest and also attend the contest to interview students.
Your choice of projects – this is important if you have strong feelings
about a category.
Exhibits - judged and interviewed at the contest (all judges must attend)
Documentaries - judged and interviewed at the contest (all judges must
attend)
Performances - judged and interviewed at the contest (all judges must
attend)
Papers - judged prior to the contest, interviewed at the contest (one judge
from each  group must attend)
Websites - judged prior to the contest, interviewed at the contest (one
judge from each group must attend)
Your choice of age groups:
Junior Division - grades 6-8
Senior Division - grades 9-12
Conflicts  -- Please let us know if you have any conflicts (you know a
participant or coach), requests (parking or special dietary needs, etc.) or
questions.

As always feel free to email or call me!
Thank you for your service,
Patti Deal
Northwest Regional Coordinator:
Northwest Regional History Day
pdeal at academynorthwest.net, 360-658-0105

--
Patti Deal
Director, Bridges to Learning

--
Karen Prasse
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
info at snocoheritage.org
www.snocoheritage.org
This
email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>