[Loscho_Enews] Fwd: SAHS Events for Feb plus mapping program tomorrow

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 10:16:17 PST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stanwood Area Historical Society <sahsfncc at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 10:47 AM
Subject: SAHS FNCC Events for February
To: info at sahs-fncc.org

Hi All,
I'm writing to remind you for the Historic Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center
events listed on our website <http://www.sahs-fncc.org/?page_id=11> :

   - The South End String Band next Saturday on Feb 6
   - Dancing at our "Let's Go To the Hop" Dance in March.

>From Bill Blandin - You are also invited to the Camwood Genealogy Workshop
meeting Monday Feb 1st at 1 p.m at the Stanwood museum.  The will be
hosting a presentation about the *Snohomish Co. Mapping Project by Fred
Cruger from the Granite Falls Historical Society*.  We have the program on
the Museum computer but don’t use it very much.  Fred and his helpers have
gone through all of the resources available to find different types of maps
of Snohomish Co. and put them in an overlay system so you can look at an
air photo in 2015 and see what was there in 1910.  They have railroad maps,
mining claims, original owners and other maps that they have found in the
archives. Here is a link to the Granite Falls Historical Society site that
talks about the project, http://www.gfhistory.org/SUMMIT.pdf .

Email me if you have questions.

--
Karen Prasse
info at sahs-fncc.org
www.sahs-fncc.org
Stanwood Area Historical Society
This
email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
<#-260176406_DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>