[Loscho_Enews] Digitizing yearbooks program

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Mon May 2 08:56:50 PDT 2016

Many of you may have received a call from the Oklahoma Dept of Corrections
where they provide a digitizing service.  To promote their program they
offer free digitizing of yearbooks for libraries and museums.  Fred Cruger
has written a report on their project at this link (pdf)

>From Fred:

See the pdf below for full review.  I thought I'd send you this, just in
case you're considering having yearbooks digitized by the folks in
Oklahoma.  As it turns out, we got everything back, but one yearbook was
missing from the electronic files (the 2005 book appeared as both the 2004
and 2005 books).  I sent them a quick email to say "thanks" for the work,
mentioned the missing volume, and within a couple hours they'd recovered
the 2004 book and forwarded me the file.  Incredible service and support!

http://www.snocoheritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Ancienthistory_yrbks_byFredC.pdf

--
Karen Prasse
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
info at snocoheritage.org
www.snocoheritage.org
This email discussion / announcement list is open to anyone interested in
the heritage and history of Snohomish County Washington. This includes
historic preservation & conservation, oral histories, genealogy, museum
exhibits, social studies education in schools.
You do not need to be a member of the League to be a member of this list
but League welcomes your individual or organizational membership support.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the Loscho_Enews
Archives
<http://lists.snocoheritage.org/pipermail/loscho_enews-snocoheritage.org/>.