[Loscho_Enews] Fwd: Fw: new NHM Online Collections Portal

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 08:51:32 PDT 2016

On Monday, June 20, 2016, 1:51 PM, Fred Poyner IV of the Nordic Heritage
Museum in Seattle wrote:

Greetings,

I’m pleased to announce the launch of a new online portal for the Nordic
Heritage Museum collections. This has been the result of the past year’s
efforts here to make a selection of approximately 1,200 items from the
permanent collection of over 77,000 museum pieces available for public
review, via a searchable portal on the NHM website.

You can access the portal from the NHM website here:
https://nordicmuseum.org/collections/online-collections --

search options are available from the left navigation bar, once you are on
the portal’s homepage.

Amongst the Nordic’s collection record displays and media offered, you will
find a selection from our Nordic American Voices (NAV) oral history program
with videos and full transcripts available to watch and download,
respectively.

As our museum prepares for a brand new facility to open in early 2018, I
hope this preview of our permanent collection may serve as a new research
tool as well as opportunity to learn more about the Nordic Heritage Museum.

Sincerely,
Fred

--
Karen Prasse
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
info at snocoheritage.org
www.snocoheritage.org
This email discussion / announcement list is open to anyone interested in
the heritage and history of Snohomish County Washington. This includes
historic preservation & conservation, oral histories, genealogy, museum
exhibits, social studies education in schools.
You do not need to be a member of the League to be a member of this list
but League welcomes your individual or organizational membership support.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the Loscho_Enews
Archives.