[Loscho_Enews] Paula Becker discusses the life of Betty McDonald

K K Stadler stadlerkk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 09:27:58 PDT 2016

The Lynnwood – Alderwood Manor Heritage Association will welcome writer
historian Paula Becker, author of the new biography Looking For Betty
MacDonald: The Egg, The Plague, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle and I.

Betty MacDonald burst onto the American literary scene in 1945 with her
memoir, The Egg and I, a tartly witty tale about operating a chicken ranch
on Washington's dauntingly wild Olympic Peninsula. Betty's vivacity,
offbeat humor, and sparklingly irreverent take on life captured a public
ready to laugh again after the grim hard years of World War II. During its
first year, Egg sold one copy every 22 seconds. In 1947, Betty introduced
readers to her delightful children's character called Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle,
who quickly became a beloved classic.

Paula will discuss Betty MacDonald’s life and work at 11 AM Saturday
October 22, 2016 at the Lynnwood Senior Center, 19000 44th Ave W Lynnwood.

--
Kevin K Stadler
PO Box 961