[Loscho_Enews] Programs at SAHS

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 10:59:57 PST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stanwood Area Historical Society <sahsfncc at gmail.com>

*History and Hors d’oeuvresSunday November 20th • 4 – 6 p.m.*
*Richard Blumental*, Author and historian will share his insights after
many years of research and study of the journals and logs of Captain George
Vancouver and other pre-19th century voyages to discover the Pacific
Ocean.  For those who may have forgotten their Washington State history, in
1792 Captain Vancouver and his crew explored and named Puget Sound as the
United States were being established on the other side of the continent.
The accounts of his logs and the logs of his crewmen were the first
recorded observations of our now familiar waters.   Hear about the
grounding of the Chatham in Port Susan, the naming of Port Gardner,
Saratoga Passage and Mount Baker by Mr. Blumenthal who has long studied and
compared these accounts.  Join us for this fascinating look at the
transition from Puget Sound's pre-history to our contemporary world.
Come early and view our

   - New Native American exhibit “*Spirits of the People*”,
   - Our map exhibit “*The Stories Map Tell*” featuring Spanish and English
   explorers
   - Our Stanwood exhibit “*A Walk Down Market & Main Street*
   - *"Along The Waterfront*” at the History Museum & Research Library
   behind the Pearson House.

Society and Josephine Caring Community*

Our 17th Annual "Old Fashioned Christmas in Stanwood" is fast approaching.
This year's event will take place on Saturday, December 3rd, 10am to 2pm at
the Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center in Stanwood. There will be FREE photos
with Santa (thanks to Billy Jennings, The Village Photographer), gift bags
for all the kids, lots of goodies, crafts, music, museum tours and more!
*Saturday Feb 4th the South End String Band Returns.  *
*7 p.m. at the Floyd*

Snow Goose Festival at the Floyd Feb. 25th. <http://www.snowgoosefest.org/>

​forwarded by
--
Karen Prasse
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
snocoheritage at gmail.com
www.snocoheritage.org
This email discussion / announcement list is open to anyone interested in
the heritage and history of Snohomish County Washington. This includes
historic preservation & conservation, oral histories, genealogy, museum
exhibits, social studies education in schools.
You do not need to be a member of the League to be a member of this list
but League welcomes your individual or organizational membership support.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the Loscho_Enews
Archives.