[Loscho_Enews] Heritage Awards nomination forms available

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 11:37:33 PST 2017

To all those
​ Snohomish County groups and individuals​
involved in the many various heritage projects this past year ---

​
The League's Heritage Annual Awards program recognizes outstanding
contributions to preserving our heritage in Snohomish County and to share
experience, skills and resources. Individuals and groups
​ should
 submit nominations for their heritage related projects in Snohomish County
each January and the awards are presented in March. We encourage and
welcome nominations of all types and sizes to help acknowledge those that
may go unnoticed outside of our local communities.
​  Up until about 2013 there was often two Malstrom awards given because it
was difficult to compare different types of projects - it wasn't fair to
compare publications, exhibits with a historic preservation project for
example.  This year please submit ​your nomination and the committee will
make an effort to equalize efforts and present the award in the appropriate
category.  Also please think of this as an opportunity to promote your
projects to the heritage community that we don't always get to see.  In the
past projects have all been excellent and often the quality distinctions
have been minor.

​
The Heritage Award (traditionally known as the Malstrom Awards) nomination
forms for 2016 project are now available on the website.
​  ​

Basic information
http://www.snocoheritage.org/malstrom-award-nomination-information/

​Nominations are being accepted for the awards for projects and programs
completed in 2016.

Click here for information (pdf)
<http://www.snocoheritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/HeritageAwardNominationProcedure2016.pdf>
.
Click here to download Form (rtf)
<http://www.snocoheritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/HeritageAwardNominationForm2016.rtf>
​

The best of luck to all of you - we hope to hear from everyone!

--
Karen Prasse
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
snocoheritage at gmail.com
www.snocoheritage.org
This email discussion / announcement list is open to anyone interested in
the heritage and history of Snohomish County Washington. This includes
historic preservation & conservation, oral histories, genealogy, museum
exhibits, social studies education in schools.
You do not need to be a member of the League to receive messages but the
League welcomes your individual or organizational membership support.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the Loscho_Enews
subscriber page.