[Loscho_Enews] Heritage Awards reminders

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 13:33:07 PST 2017

Hi All,
So far we have received 3 nominations for the Heritage Awards
be celebrated on March 18th.

If you know about a history project in Snohomish County that should be
recognized, please consider nominating the projec
​t​
.  The deadline for nominations is Feb 24th 2017, click here
<http://www.snocoheritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/HeritageAwardprogram2017poster.pdf>for
details.

Please save the date, March 18th
​​
,
​ ​
when the Heritage Awards will be presented at a program honoring these
projects along with a potluck luncheon (provided by the LOSCHO Board).

​This year
our speaker
​is ​
Dr. Jesse Kennedy
​,​
Cultural Resources Historian for the North Cascades National Park

​​
​"
*The Way We Played:  Seventy-Five Years of Recreation in the mountains of
the North Cascades.*

The mountains of the North Cascade Range are rugged, challenging, and
demand the most out of the hardy pioneers who fought to make a living in
them.  Hard working people, yes, but they also played…
​"​
Join
​us to hear ​
Historian Jesse Kennedy to view historic images that convey the story of
recreation in this hard landscape.
​

ALSO - We have added several new names to our Enews list based on those who
attended our January Annual meeting.  If you are receiving duplicate
messages, or would like to unsubscribe, instructions are below.  Or send me
a message to the address below.

Karen Prasse
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
snocoheritage at gmail.com
www.snocoheritage.org