[Loscho_Enews] Fwd: SAHSFNCC Enews April Programs

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 08:59:17 PDT 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stanwood Area Historical Society <sahsfncc at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 8:04 PM
Subject: SAHSFNCC Enews April Programs
To: sahsfncc at googlegroups.com

*Stanwood Area Historical Society Events and Activities*

H & H ~ Hors d'oeuvres & History
Sunday April 9th, 2017 • 4 – 6 p.m.

Our Program features Stillaguamish Tribe Speakers Tamara Neuffer & Gloriana
Tatro

   - Tamara Neuffer, Outreach and Education Coordinator for the
   Stillaguamish Tribe Natural Resources Department will speak about the
   Stillaguamish Tribe's Festival of the River and Pow Wow.
   - Gloriana Tatro, A Stillaquamish Tribal member, will share traditional
   cedar and bead work from her collection.

Refreshments include smoked salmon and other appetizers and desserts served
with coffee, tea, and sparkling juice and wine.
There is no charge for this event, please enjoy the program.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
You are invited to:  Stanwood Area Historical Society's 6th Annual

SPRING TEA <http://www.sahs-fncc.org/?page_id=11> and  VINTAGE FASHION
EXHIBIT <http://www.sahs-fncc.org/?page_id=52> “*Waistlines and Hemlines*”

SAT. APRIL  29th

Starts at 12:30 ...  Tea served at 1:30

HONORING REMARKABLE WOMEN
We will be honoring the following business women:

   - Carrie Wang, who owned and ran Huntington’s Corner
   - Belle Keitel, who had Keitel Transportation
   - Anna Hanson Stubb, who ran the Mercantile for 30 years.

We will share our memories and encourage
you to share yours as well.

There will be raffle baskets and a silent auction, as well as prizes for
the best hat and vintage costume.
Rita Newberry will bring her wonderful hats for sale.

Because of the popularity of the Tea, prepaid reservations are required by
April 21
To make reservations, call: 360-629-6110
Tickets: $20.00
Mail reservations to:
*Stanwood Area Historical Society*
*Spring Tea*
*P.O. Box 69*
*Stanwood WA 98292*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Bricks of Remembrance Fund Raising Project
<http://www.sahs-fncc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Bricks-of-Remembrance.pdf>:*

The Veterans Wall along 102nd Avenue NW will be a place where, for $150,
family or friends can have the name of any Veteran etched on the wall.  The
plaque on the wall will read for "All Who Served in War & Peace" and will
have all seven emblems engraved as well. Veterans do not have to be from
this area and they can still be living. Some people have purchase bricks as
gifts for family members who served in the Armed Forces.

The memorial in the center of the courtyard will have the names of the 46
men and women from this area who died in one of the following conflicts:
World War I, World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War, Iraq & Afghanistan. The
names will be etched in marble and placed on pedestals representing each of
the conflicts.

Thank you for your continued support.
SAHS Facebook page <https://www.facebook.com/StanwoodAreaHistoricalSociety/>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karen Prasse
sahsfncc at gmail.com
www.sahs-fncc.org
Stanwood Area Historical Society
P. O. Box 69
Stanwood, WA 98292

Street Address (no mail)
27108 102nd Ave N.W.
Stanwood

---
"SAHSFNCC" group.
email to sahsfncc+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/sahsfncc.
msgid/sahsfncc/CAFx2m2CCM%2B%2B0UtAPKAg%2BVo3swgNeQq%
3DjDGKyswDd74aoZrhxcg%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sahsfncc/CAFx2m2CCM%2B%2B0UtAPKAg%2BVo3swgNeQq%3DjDGKyswDd74aoZrhxcg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.