[Loscho_Enews] AASLH online conference

Snocoheritage snocoheritage at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 10:43:38 PDT 2017

Greetings, LOSCHO members and heritage fans -

The 2017 AASLH (American Association of State and Local History)
Online Conference is this Thursday and Friday, September 7 - 8, 2017.

The sessions are FREE!
- AASLH will air three, 60-minute sessions per day during their annual
conference held in Austin, Texas, on Thursday and Friday, September 7 - 8,
starting at 8:30 AM PDT
- Participants will also have access to the session handouts.
- The recordings will be available to the online participants for reviewing
for
six months after the broadcast through LearningTimes.
- The League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations is paying for our
group login.

Thursday topics:
- Field Services Alliance Tips: Caring for Collections on a Budget
- Historic Preservation Never Ends: Practical Maintenance for Your Historic
Buildings
- Engaging Programs = Engaged Communities?

Friday, topics:
- Innovative Audience Engagement From Outside the Museum Bubble
- Seeking Absent Voices: Inclusion and Relevance; Examples, Tools, and a
Conversation
- The Art of Saying “No”: Declining Collections Gifts Gracefully

For more session info:

http://learn.aaslh.org/event/2017-aaslh-online-conference/

Reply to tthorleifson at comcast.net for login info and session preparation.

[Most of our groups are members of AASLH so your group may also be
participating in this, check with your group]

Karen Prasse
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
snocoheritage at gmail.com
www.snocoheritage.org