[Loscho_Enews] Fw: LOSCHO Meetings

Karen Prasse kprasse at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 2 09:15:44 PST 2017

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: Tom Thorleifson <tthorleifson at comcast.net>
To: Tom Thorleifson <tthorleifson at comcast.net>
Sent: Friday, December 1, 2017, 10:27:48 PM PST
Subject: LOSCHO dates

Greetings, LOSCHO members and other historical/genealogical enthusiasts -

Here are some confirmed dates for you:

1.  2018 LOSCHO 1st Quarter Board meeting and 2018 General (Annual) meeting:
Saturday, January 20, 2018
10:00 AM Board Meeting
11:00 AM General (Annual) Meeting
Hibulb Cultural Center
6410 - 23rd Ave NE
Tulalip, WA 98271

The general membership is welcomed to the 10:00 Board meeting, and there will be a break between the Board and General (Annual) meetings. The General (Annual) meeting will start at 11:00 or soon after. We would like to hear of your heritage accomplishments for 2017. There will be a brief overview of the Hibulb Cultural Center with a short tour afterward.

2.  2018 Snohomish County Heritage Preservation Commission “Heritage Grant” application deadline:

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 by 5:00 PM
The 2018 HPC “Heritage Grant” has some new guidelines. If you haven’t seen it yet, check it out and you will see some changes that are very beneficial to heritage organizations. Here is the email message yesterday from Hal Gausman along with the grant, Contact Hal directly, see below.

"We are excited to be able to offer increased funding for projects in 2018. The commission has eliminated the requirement for a match for some types of projects such as digitizing newspapers in 2018. We are still working on improving our contact list so please share this information with others that may have interest, I apologizes for any duplications. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks for all you do to preserve our history in Snohomish County.”

Hal Gausman │Division Manager, Fairground, Art, History & WSU Extension
Snohomish County Parks and Recreation & Tourism│Evergreen State Fairgrounds
14405 179th Ave SE., M/S  602 │Monroe WA  98272
O: (360) 805-6729 │C: (425-508-8261) │ hal.gausman at snoco.org

3.  2018 Malstrom Award luncheon:
Saturday, March 17, 2018
11:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Marysville Museum
6508 Armar Road
Marysville, WA 98270

The Awards luncheon has been in the planning stages for a couple of months. We have some suggestions already for speakers, but if you know of someone, email me right away. Also, it’s time to start thinking about nominees for the Malstrom Award for work completed in 2017. There are two categories: publications (print or digital) and projects (exhibits, restoration, etc). A nominee can be an individual or a group. Specific information, including an updated application, will be available by the end of the month.

Best regards,

Tom Thorleifson
President
League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
425.314.5865